I am a MASSIVE pizza fiend and haven't had any pizza since I started this challenge. So I checked out my favourite pizza shop Pizza Capers to try and replicate their amazing Exotic Potato Pizza. Their pizza calls for sour cream, mozzarella, bacon and heaps of cream-based mushroom sauce.
Tofu Sour Cream & Potato Pizza
3-5 Red Potatoes, sliced into thin pieces
2 Tbsp Paprika
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Pepper
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Medium Red Onion
3-5 Button Mushrooms, sliced
2 Stems Shallot/Spring Onion, sliced
***You can add Vegan Bacon, diced
1 Vegan Pizza Base ( I used Bazaar's Gourmet Pizza Bases)
Tofu Sour Cream & Chives Sauce:
1 Pkt Silken Firm Tofu, crumbled
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
4-5 Tsp Lemon Juice
2 Tsp ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar)
1/2 Tsp Salt
3 Tbsp Chives, chopped
1 Stem Shallot/Green Onion, sliced
4 Button Mushrooms, diced into small pieces
1 Cup Soy Milk
1 Garlic Clove, minced
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
2 Tbsp Vegan Margerine
1 Tbsp Flour
**You can add in 2 tbsp vegan cream cheese if you like.
1. Preheat oven to 180c and grease a baking tray.
2. In a bowl mix paprika, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add in potato slices and mix until they are completely covered in paprika mix. Lay on baking tray and bake for 15-20 mins or until crunchy.
3. In a food processor combine drained silken tofu, olive oil, lemon juice, ACV, salt, shallot and chives. Process until a smooth creamy texture. Set aside.
4. In a saucepan heat margerine. Add in garlic and mushrooms and cook until msuhrooms are soft. Pour in soymilk then add flour and cook until thick and creamy. Sprinkle in garlic powder also.
5. Once the potato slices are cooked, on a greased baking tray place pizza base and cover in mushroom sauce. Add on potato slices, mushroom slices, red onion and drizzle sour cream sauce over top.
6. Bake for 15-25 mins or until mushrooms and onions are cooked. Enjoy!