The first non-vegan thing to cut out of my diet was eggs. It was ridiculously easy!
I just kept remembering when I used to stay at my great-grandparents house and they'd cook eggs for breakfast. They didn't cook them properly (or well enough for my liking) resulting in the clear egg white not being cooked at all.
As some people might know I gag whenever I see snot so that didn't go down very well haha. Love you nan and pop xxxx
But enough about that here's the recipe!
No Egg Mini Quiches and Tomato Cream Pasta
1 Loaf Multigrain Bread, crusts removed or Vegan Pie Pastry
1 Pkt Silken Firm Tofu, drained & rinsed
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1/4 Zuchini, grated
1 Shallot/Green Onion, sliced
Handful Baby Spinach Leaves, torn
1/2 Red Capsicum, diced
3 Button mushrooms, diced
2 Button Mushrooms, sliced (for tops of quiches)
1 Tbsp Dried Basil
1/3 Cup Parsley, torn
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
3 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1. Spray a muffin tray with cooking spray and line with bread or pastry.
2. Process tofu in food processor until creamy. Add in yeast and process until mixed together.
3. In a large bowl combine all ingredients, then mix in tofu mixture. Spoon mixture into bread/pastry cases. Top with mushroom slices.
4. Cook in oven for 25 mins or until mixture has hardened slightly and the bread/pastry is golden brown. Enjoy with a side such as pasta or salad.
I was originally going to make a salad to have on the side but at the last minute decided on having a tomato cream pasta.
Tomato Cream Pasta Ingredients:
2 Cups Cooked Penne Pasta (or any other type of pasta)
2 Tomatoes, diced finely
1 Stem Shallots/Green Onions, sliced
1/3 Cup Soymilk
2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
3 Tbsp Basil
1/3 Cup Parsley, torn finely
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Garlic Clove, minced
1. In a frying pan add in olive oil, garlic, tomato and shallot. Cook for 10 mins.
2. Add in 2 Tbsp of the soymilk. Stirring until all combined and a cream forms. Add in basil, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
3. Add in rest of soymilk (if you'd like the sauce thinner add more soymilk, you can add in tofutti cream cheese for extra creaminess).
4. Stir in drained pasta and mix until fully coated. Serve with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast and parsley for garnish.