TVP & Lentil Tacos
1/2 Ripe Avocado, diced
1 Cup Lettuce, shredded (I used rocket & baby spinach leaves because I needed some iron)
1 Tomato, sliced (I ran out of tomatoes so I use ready-made salsa)
1/2 Cup Tofu Sour Cream (optional)
1 Stem Shallot/Green Onion, sliced (optional)
1/3 Cup Black Olives (optional)
3-4 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
1 Cup TVP Mince
1 Tsp Vegan Beek Stock
1 Cup Hot Water
1/4 Can Lentils, drained & rinsed
1 Small Onion, diced
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
Garlic Powder, to taste
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1. In a small saucepan boil water then add in TVP. Stir for roughly 10 minutes or until the mince softens. Add in 1 teaspoon of vegan beef stock. Set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in frying pan. Add in garlic and onion, cook until onion is soft.
3. Add TVP (and juice) and lentils to the fryingpan. Add the taco seasoning to the fryingpan. Stir until combined. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
4. Heat taco shells as per packet instructions. Prepare tofu sour cream as per method in this post.
5. Spoon lentil mixture into shells, top with lettuce, tomato, sour cream and avocado. Enjoy!