After scrounging around and trying to find something to make (I was in one of those "I can't be fucked" moods) I decided to make a favourite of mine.. You can use 1-2 potatoes in this aswell but I ran out!
Sweet Potato & Pea Curry
4 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tsp Ground Cumin
1-2 Tsp Ground Turmeric
1 Tbsp Curry Powder
1/2 Cup Vegetable Stock
1/4 Onion, diced
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 Large Tomato, diced
1 Carrot, peeled & diced
2 Sweet Potatoes, peeled & diced
1 Cup Green Peas
1 Cup Baby Spinach Leaves, torn
2/3 Cup Chickpeas, drained & rinsed
2/3 Cup Lentils, drained & rinsed
1. In a frying pan heat olive oil. Add in garlic and onion, Cook until onion softens.
2. In a small saucepan bring water to a boil. Add in sweet potato and carrot. Simmer till vegies soften and you can poke it with a knife easily.
3. In fryingpan add turmeric, curry powder and cumin. Mix together. Add more olive oil if onions start to stick to bottom of pan. Reduce heat to medium.
4. Once carrots and sweet potato is soft, drain water and add to the frying pan. Use 1/2 cup of the drain water to mix with your stock cubes (if you are using vegetable stock cubes). Add to frying pan. Cook for 10 minutes.
5. Add in chickpeas, lentils and green peas. Stir until all mixed together. Lastly add in the spinach leaves. Enjoy!