If I haven't mentioned before, authentic Indian cuisine is by far my most favourite type of foods. So I thought I'd try my hand at making a vegan version of Palak Paneer.
Traditionally Palak Paneer is a food consisting of a spinach puree and paneer (indian's farmer cheese) but I thought I'd try the tofu version out.
If you're feeling creative and have loads of energy try cooking a whole platter of different types of indian dishes, including vegan versions of vegetable korma, malai kofta, samosas, poppadoms and naan breads.
1 Pkt Frozen Spinach, thawed
1 Pkt Firm Tofu, cubed
1 Medium Onion
1 Large Tomato
2-3 Tsp Chilli Paste
3 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 Pinch Turmeric powder
1 Tsp Ginger
2 Tsp Cumin Powder
1/2 Tsp Chili powder
1/2 Tsp Garam Masala Paste
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1. Place the tomato in boiling water for a minute, peel and then put in food processor until a puree.
3. Fry tofu cubes in oil. Set aside.
3. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan. Add garlic and chilli paste, cook till garlic turns into golden brown.
4. Add in cumin, onion, ginger, turmeric and chilli powder. Then add spinach and stir till all combined. Let cool and add to food processor. Add in soymilk to make a runny texture.
5. Add tomato puree to frying pan and stir this for 2 minutes.
6. Add ground Spinach and salt. Cover and cook this for 7 to 10 minutes. Stir this once in a while to avoid burning.
7. Finally add the fried Tofu cubes to the spinach curry and stir this for a minute. Remove from heat. Serve with white rice. Enjoy!