Roast Vegetable & Pesto Pasta Salad
This pasta salad is crazy addictive... even my parents were having a helping! Beware...you will go back for another bowl full!!
1/2 Eggplant, sliced in 2cm strips
2 Tbsp Sun-dried Tomatoes
1/2 Red Capsicum, sliced
1/2 Green Capsicum, sliced
1-2 Cups Spiral Pasta, cooked
3-4 Button Mushrooms, sliced
1 Stem Shallot/Green Onion, sliced
2-3 Tbsp Lemon Juice (or the juice of a small lemon)
Handful Fresh Basil, torn
2 Cups Pine Nuts
4 Garlic Cloves, minced
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
2 Cups Fresh Basil
1/2 Cup Nutritional Yeast
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180c. Grease a baking tray. In a bowl combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper. Add in eggplant and capsicum and mix until evenly coated. Spread a single layer on baking tray and bake for approx. 10-15 minutes or until eggplant is brown and capsicum is soft.
2. In a pot boil 2-3 cups of water, add in pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and mix with a splash of olive oil (to stop from sticking) set aside.
3. In a food processor add all pesto ingredients, blend until smooth. In a bowl combine cooked pasta with pesto.
4. Once eggplant and capsicum are soft add in mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are soft and juicy.
5. Add eggplant, capsicum, mushrooms and shallots to pasta. Stir until combined. Add in torn basil leaves and lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Enjoy!