Wednesday, 2 November 2011

Day 2: Cream Cheese Mushroom & Zuchini Pasta

I must admit I was trying a recipe out, but was halfway through making it when I realised I didn't have all the ingredients I needed so I turned it into this:

Cream Cheese, Mushroom & Zuchini Pasta

 


Ingredients:
1/4 Cup Soy Cream Cheese (or any dairy free cream cheese)
1/4 Cup Soy Milk
1 Cup Vegetable Stock (I used 3 Stock Cubes with boiling water)
1 Large Zuchini, diced
1 Large Onion, diced
2-3 Cloves Garlic, minced
7-8 Medium Mushrooms, sliced
1/2 Cup Warm Water
2-3 Tbsp Flour
2-3 Tbsp Olive Oil
Garlic Powder, to taste
Salt & Pepper, to taste
Chives, chopped
2-3 Cups Penne Pasta

Method:
1. Heat olive oil in frying pan and cook onions and garlic till soft and transparent.

2. In a saucepan boil salted water then add pasta.
 
3. Add chives, zuchini and mushrooms to fryingpan and saute.

4. Add vegetable stock, soy milk and cream cheese to vegetables and mix until well combined and cheese has melted.

5. Mix flour with half a cup of warm water till a creamy mixture forms, add into sauce. (Make sure to keep the heat low to stop from turning the sauce into glue!)

6. Drain pasta and serve with salt and pepper!

No comments:

Post a Comment