Thursday, 7 March 2013

MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 Review

I have always been a fan of MAC products ever since I worked at a hairdressing salon where the other girls used MAC cosmetics as apart of their beauty routines.
I have acne prone, very oily, sensitive, combination skin and I am also very pale and like buildable products where I can use more on special occassions or the weekend for a more flawless finish.

 Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

I can usually only afford the MAC Studio Fix Powder but since starting my new job I decided to invest in a liquid foundation based apon rave reviews on Makeup Alley.

So I decided to try out MAC's Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 in NC15.

  • Overview: A modern foundation that combines a natural matte finish and medium-buildable coverage with broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15. Comfortable and long-wearing: lasts for up to eight hours. Applies smoothly, builds coverage quickly and easily. Contains specially treated micronized pigments and soft-focus powders for a super-smooth look that helps minimize the appearance of imperfections. Absorbs and disperses oil. Contains special skin-conditioning ingredients. Oil free.
  • Price: This foundation set me back $49 which I thought was pretty pricey, but I was hopeful I had found my holy grail foundation.
  • Packaging: The bottle doesn't allow alot of control over how much product comes out. You can buy a pump head but that is an extra $8 which is a bit of a scam.
  • Colour Match: I bought this foundation in NC15 because I am super pale but this seems a bit too yellow for me. There aren't alot of options for pale girls in this product line which is a negative.
  • Coverage: I used a flat-top brush to buff the foundation in then used Studio Fix Powder over the top. This method covered atleast 80% of my new acne and scars and evened out my skintone. The coverage is buildable so that is a plus. Although this comes out as a liquid it sets to form a semi-matte finish.
  • Durability: I reapplied powder twice during a 15hr day which is pretty good. The product didn't slide off my face like most foundations I've tried.
  • Skin after using: After using this product I noticed little acne bumps forming, so I wouldn't recommend this for acne prone or sensitive skin.
  • Vegan/Vegetarian:
Conclusion:
The only things I loved about this foundation were the coverage and durability when worn for an extended amount of time. I don't think I could use this for everyday makeup but possibly on special occasions where I needed a bit more coverage and a flawless finish.

If you've used this foundation before let me know how you went! :)


*Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with this company and these are my honest opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment